Openaire XML Schema has been changed! Please click here to learn more!
The OpenAIRE API allows developers to access the metadata information space of OpenAIRE programmatically.
If you have any question, please open a ticket to the OpenAIRE Helpdesk.
OpenAIRE HTTP API: the APIs are free-to-use (no sign-up needed) by any third-party service. Note that:
- The HTTP API limits each query to 10,000 paged results; for unlimited access to the APIs please contact the service administrators.
- Since 2015 an RDF dump of the LOD is made available in Zenodo.org
Metadata license is CC-BY: the metadata records retuned by the service can be freely re-used by commercial and non-commercial partners under CC-BY license, hence as long as OpenAIRE is acknowledged as content provider.
Quality of Service: all API services are running in production 24/7 within the OpenAIRE infrastructure premises deployed at the data center facilities of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling (ICM).
APIs rate limits
- no more than 30 concurrent connections from single IP to any APIs
- no more than 67 concurrent requests in total
- no more then 37 concurrent request in total (max 30 per single IP) to the HTTP API for selective access
- no more than 15 requests/second to the HTTP API for selective access (in total, not per IP. If this limit is reached, requests will be delayed).
RESPONSE METADATA FORMAT
The default format of delivered records is oaf (OpenAire Format - current version 1.0):
For the list of changes click here
The latest versions of the XML schema and documentation are also available at the following links:
- oaf v0.3 XML schema and documentation
- oaf v0.2 XML schema and documentation
- oaf v0.1 XML schema and documentation
API documentation changes
For the list of changes to this documentation click here